Our specialist GPs can provide you with the right advice, make sure your needs are assessed and administer the flu vaccine to you. Flu vaccines are a great way to stay healthy over the autumn and winter period.
The influenza virus can be really nasty and indeed sometimes lethal efforts should be made to avoid it.
By having a flu jab this year you are not only protecting yourself but protecting those around you as well.
Flu vaccines are available now in our Emsworth and Boxgrove clinics. As flu vaccines take between 7-21 days to become effective in your system, so the sooner you have yours the better for your protection this season.
Whatever your concerns we can help - just give us a call on:
033 022 02000 or 01243 766447 or use our online booking system.
If you want to improve your heart health here are our top six tips you can start today. Always consult your doctor before starting a new exercise regime.
- Exercise - aim for 10,000 steps a day and at least 3 sessions of at least 20 minutes more intense exercise per week in consultation with your doctor.
- Get tested and find out what your numbers should be - cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar, homocysteine and C-reactive protein should be measured and tracked to keep an eye on these key indicators. We offer all of these tests at Southdowns Private Healthcare.
- Avoid Stress - the more positive your outlook the better for your heart. Stress and negative emotions can cause your blood pressure to increase and this is not good for your heart so stay happy and focus on the positive. Try to practice gratitude, thinking of all the things you have in your life that make you feel good.
- Talk to your doctor about your family history. Don’t assume they will know. Find out as much as you can about your relatives' health and pass that information on to your GP.
- Eat well - avoid processed food, salt, sugar and saturated fats and fill up on fruit, veg, nuts, pulses and nutrient-rich food.
- Sleep well - aim for 6-8 hours a night